W. Swimmers at Ivies

The Cornell women’s swimming team is currently in Princeton competing in the Women’s Ivy League Swimming and Diving Championships. The tournament is a three-day event, which began yesterday and will finish tomorrow evening.

Yesterday, the Red competed in the 200-yard Freestyle Relay, the 500-yard Freestyle, the 200-yard IM, the 400-yard relay as well as the 1-meter diving competition.

The highest finish for the club came from senior Lisa Dughi who placed fifth in the diving competition. Other finishes included the 200-yard freestyle relay that took 7th. This team consisted of Kari Tornabene, Tina Shih, Kellee Ngan and Yoko Shibata. Also placing 7th was the 400-yard relay. This group was made up of Tornabene, Courtney Tawresey, Mo Pozzi and Megan Gutman. Other finishes for the Red came from Tawresey who placed 8th in the 500-yard freestyle and Ngan who finished 20th in the 200-yard IM.

The Red is currently ranked 7th, just two points behind Pennsylvania.

Brown sits atop the competition, posting 246 points after the first day of competition.

Today and tomorrow’s swimming preliminaries will take place at 11:00 a.m., and the finals will take place at 6:00 p.m.

Today’s events include the 200 medley relay, 400 IM, 100 fly, 200 free, 100 breast, 100 back, 800 free relay.

`

Archived article by Kristen Haunss