Shooting in an Ithaca Bar Leaves One Hurt

The Ithaca Police Department (IPD) is still looking for the suspect who fired two shots inside an Ithaca tavern last Tuesday.

Bullets hit Tehran Forest, a 22 year-old Ithaca resident, during an argument inside Bob’s Tavern, located on 508 W. State St. Forest was involved in an argument with one male patron when he was shot by another male patron.

The IPD would not confirm whether any of the three men had known each other prior to the shooting.

Officers received the call at 12:03 a.m. but suspects had already fled the establishment before their arrival.

Forest was listed in stable condition at Cayuga Medical Center immediately following the incident. He has since been released, although a representative from patient information would not confirm a date.

Friends of Forest brought him to the hospital after he was hit with two rounds from a small caliber handgun.

Lt. John Beau Saul ’97 said that officers are still investigating the incident and the circumstances around the shooting are yet unknown.

“We’re still talking to witnesses,” he said yesterday. “The investigators are working as we speak.”

It was business-as-usual during Happy Hour Tuesday evening after the incident. The tavern is owned by Bob Pezder.

Archived article by Beth Herskovits