F. Hockey Falls in OT

It has been a banner week for sophomore Carissa Marisol. After scoring the game winner for the Red on Sunday, today, she put up two more goals against No. 19 Syracuse.

Although the Red fell short in overtime last night, Marisol now leads the team in points, with five goals and 12 overall points.

The Orangemen took the early lead when Kristin Aranowicz scored off a penalty corner. She would end up with a hat trick, scoring all three goals for Syracuse.

Marisol scored her pair in the first half, to give the Red a 2-1 lead going in to intermission.

The two goals gave her a season total of four goals against nationally ranked teams

Syracuse evened the score early in the second half when Aranowicz struck again. She finished the game at 79:25 with an unassisted goal.

Sophomore goaltender Kaitlin Tierney made 10 saves in the loosing effort, with her counterpart Audrey Latsko making only three.

This loss makes the Red 7-4 overall, with a 2-1 mark in the Ivy League.

Cornell returns to action this homecoming weekend when it faces off against Ivy rival Harvard, at Schoellkopf on Sunday at noon.

The Harvard match kicks off three in a row against Ivy League schools. Cornell will then face Brown on Sunday, October 21, and will be at Princeton the following Saturday. The Red finishes its regular season at Dartmouth on November 3.

Archived article by Josh Vlasto