Men's Tennis Continues Hot Streak, Wins Two

The men’s tennis team earned its ninth and 10th victories of the spring in fine fashion on Saturday, destroying both Colgate and Binghamton 7-0 at Reis Tennis Center. The Red dropped just one set this weekend, upping its record to 10-1.

“It’s nice to be 10-1,” senior captain Stefan Paulovic said. “Everybody is feeling confident.”

“We did what we were supposed to do,” added head coach Barry Schoonmaker. “There really weren’t any close matches.”

Only Paulovic came close to being tested on Saturday. Playing No. 1 singles, he dropped the first set to Binghamton’s Akskay Rao 4-6, but then captured both the second set (6-2) and the tiebreaker (10-1).

Schoonmaker toyed with his lineup a bit this weekend, most likely in preparation for the Ivy League season. Paulovic, for example, only played doubles against the Raiders. Similarly sophomore Zach Gallin played No. 1 singles against Colgate and No. 1 doubles against Binghamton.

Sophomores Aravinda, Scott Spencer, and Scott Paltrowitz all won two singles matches this weekend.

The Cornell women had a little more trouble with their sole opponent this weekend. But they nonetheless easily dispatched Syracuse 5-2 yesterday. The Red was helped by the lower tiers of the singles bracket —