Cornell's Top 15 Juniors

The class of 2003 has earned its fair share of accolades this past season. From All-American honors to national championships, these athletes demonstrated an incredible amount of athletic prowess and talent over the past year. In their third seasons on the East Hill, the juniors became leaders and key contributors of their respective squads. In alphabetical order, here are the top 15 juniors of 2001-2002.

Doug Allan, Men’s Soccer

After a stellar sophomore campaign, Allan anchored the Red in goal this season with eight wins. Posting five shutouts, he recorded the second-best goals-against average in the Ivy League (0.84). Allan led the team during its 7-2-2 run to close out the season, bringing the Red to the brink of a bid to the NCAA tournament. His 93 saves was tops in the Ivy League, earning him an All-Ivy Honorable Mention selection.

Sarah Averson, Women’s Lacrosse

An explosive offensive player, Averson has been a scoring threat all season. As of last weekend, she was second on the team in scoring, tallying an impressive 27 goals, and helping on nine more. Her skill on the field is not always evident in the statistics, as she is pivotal in setting up scoring chances. In a crucial Ivy match-up versus Yale, Averson recorded the game-winning goal in overtime. She also has seven multi-goal games this season, including four-goal efforts against Stanford and Princeton.

Stephen B