M. Hockey Moves up to No. 6

Riding a six game winning streak and coming off a victory in a classic defensive battle Saturday night against St. Lawrence, the men’s hockey team moved up two spots to No. 6 in both national polls, released yesterday.

Boston College remained in the No. 1 spot in both the USCHO.com/CSTV and USA Today/ American Hockey Magazine polls. Colorado College, Wisconsin, Denver, and Michigan claimed spots 2 through 5, respectively in both polls. Cornell leads a contingent of three ECACHL teams ranked in the top 15 in the polls, joined by No. 10 Harvard and No. 11 Colgate.

In the USCHO.com/CSTV poll, the Crimson moved up a spot from No. 11 following this past weekend’s wins against Princeton and Yale. Colgate fell two spots from No. 9 after splitting with St. Lawrence and Clarkson. The Raiders fell one spot in the USA Today poll, while Harvard moved up one place.

Also representing the ECACHL was Vermont, which received 22 votes in the USCHO.com/CSTV poll and 14 in the USA Today poll. Dartmouth claimed three votes in the USCHO.com/CSTV poll.

New Hampshire, Ohio State, and Minnesota took the No. 7 through 9 places in the USA Today poll, with Ohio State and Minnesota reversed in the USCHO.com/CSTV poll. Massachussets-Lowell, Boston University, North Dakota, and Maine rounded out the top 15.

Cornell (15-4-2, 11-2-1 ECACHL) will play a home-and-home series with travel partner Colgate this weekend, with first place in the ECACHL on the line.

Archived article by Sun Staff