Reichenbach Resigns

Inge Reichenbach, Cornell’s vice president for alumni affairs and development, resigned yesterday to accept a position as vice president for development at Yale University. Her resignation will take effect in early May.

“Inge is an extraordinarily talented leader in the development profession. … She will be sorely missed,” said President Jeffrey S. Lehman ’77 after accepting her resignation.

Reichenbach served at Cornell as vice president for alumni affairs and development since 1995.

The press release expressed praise for the work that Reichenbach did while at Cornell. Under Reichenbach’s leadership last year, the alumni affairs organization raised an all-time-high of $386 million in cash receipts. This achievement put the University in first place nationally in the category of alumni giving, and third among its peers in overall giving, behind Harvard University and Stanford University.

“Under Inge’s leadership, Cornell’s development team has set the pace among its peers,” Lehman added.

In Oct. 2003, Lehman singled out Reichenbach in his State of the University address, praising the vice president for organizing the inaugural week with “the highest quality.”

“Inge delivered, with results that I could barely have dreamed of,” Lehman said in his speech.

The most lasting contribution to the University, however, according to the press release, was the “organization she has built around commitment to institutional ideals, performance and caring for one another.”

The University will begin a search process for the position immediately. Laura Toy, campaign director for alumni affairs and development, will be the acting vice president until the University has found a successor.

“We wish her well in the next phase of her career,” said Tommy Bruce, vice president for media and communications.

Reichenbach could not be reached in time for publication.