M. Icers Face Green, Crimson for Ivy Title

For many seniors on campus, it is tough to realize how fast time has gone by until you reach certain moments in your college career.

For the six seniors on the men’s hockey team, one of these moments will be tomorrow at Lynah Rink, when they play their final regular season home game against No. 18 Harvard (14-9-2, 10-7-1 ECACHL).

However, waxing poetic will never illustrate this weekend’s massive importance, which kicks off tonight when second-place Dartmouth (13-10-2, 11-5-2) comes to town in what might be a chance for No. 6 Cornell to separate itself from the rest of the league. The Red (16-5-4, 11-4-3) is just a point ahead of the Green and traveling partners, No. 20 Colgate, going into the final four games of the regular season and although there has been a greater amount of parity in the ECACHL this year, a sweep would be crucial in gaining home-ice advantage.

“I think it’s important to put yourself in the best situation possible, and, obviously, we want to be playing at home in front of our crowd for the playoffs. Psychologically for the confidence, it’s always good to get the No. 1 seed,” said senior captain Matt Moulson.

One of the many story lines coming into this series is the Red’s mentality in light of only earning a point in North County last week. After losing convincingly at the hands of Clarkson, 3-1, last Friday night, Cornell had to claw its way back from a three-goal deficit against St. Lawrence an evening later to earn a 4-4 tie. According to senior forward Chris Abbott, the team was not happy with the way it came out and that the upperclassmen must lead the charge for younger players.

“I don’t want to give excuses, but