Student Trustee Elections – Post Your Questions

On Apr. 9, 2007 from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., The Cornell Daily Sun will be co-sponsoring a debate between the candidates for Student Trustee.

Please post any questions you want the candidates to be asked in this forum. Also, please visit the website of the Office of the Assemblies here.

-Christopher Barnes
Web Editor
The Cornell Daily Sun

• Brandon

What are your opinions of the proposed changes to the Student Code? Should the Code be revised so that it reflects the judicial process as an educational process rather than the simple punitive process, because the courts are more keen with this issue?

• Ahmed Salem

Can you please talk about accessibility on Cornell’s campus? How do you plan to reach out to people with disabilities?

• ahmed salem

In the most recent sun news article, one of the current student elected trustees, indicated that as a trustee you have to have the “interest of the university” in mind. How do you plan to balance getting things for the students in the short run, while keeping in mind the long term well being of our beloved Cornell?

• Kwame Thomison

Which of the following is most important to you and why?:

Racial Diversity
    Intellectual Diversity
    Gender equality in the sciences and engineering
    Diversity/equality in some other area
    Diversity is not a priority/concern of mine

• Kwame Thomison

Identify what you believe to be Cornell’s biggest problem. Explain why this is so important and offer a solution.

• Kwame Thomison

How involved are you in the community? Which of these ways do you consider most important and how will this help you be a good student trustee?

What relevant experience do you have and how will this help you be a good student trustee?