Graduation Weekend 2007 Begins

Cornell will graduate about 6,000 undergraduate and graduate students this weekend at its 139th Commencement.
Soledad O’Brien, a CNN special correspondent, will speak at Convocation at noon today in Schoellkopf Stadium. The Stadium opens at 10 a.m. In case of severe weather, Convocation will take place at Barton Hall.
For a preview of Soledad O’Brien’s Convocation address, click here.
Commencement will begin at 11 a.m. tomorrow at Schoellkopf Stadium, with President David Skorton presenting the Commencement address. The procession of graduates will assemble on the Arts Quad at 9 a.m.
In case of severe weather, Commencement will be held in Barton Hall at two different times. Students from the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, the College of Arts and Sciences and the College of Veterinary Medicine would graduate at 10:30 a.m., and students from the College of Architecture, Art and Planning, the College of Engineering, the College of Human Ecology, the School of Hotel Administration, the School of Industrial and Labor Relations and the Graduate School would graduate at 1 p.m.
Parking Lot and Road Closures and Openings
Starting at 5 p.m. yesterday, Forest Home Drive was reopen to eastbound traffic only; it will remain open until 5 a.m. Tuesday.
Several parking lots will not be available over the weekend. Sage Hall Parking Lot closed 5 p.m. yesterday and will reopen at 6 a.m. Sunday morning. The Barton Hall East End parking spaces and the Crescent Lot closed at 1 a.m. today and will reopen 4 p.m. Sunday. On Sunday, the Day Hall Parking Lot and loading dock lot, as well as the ILR Parking Lot, will be closed from 1 a.m. to 4 p.m. tomorrow.
The Parking Garage will only be open to mobility-impaired permit holders from 1 a.m. to 2 p.m. today and Sunday.
Campus Road is closed from 9 a.m. today until 12:15 p.m. from Garden Avenue to Wing Drive and from 12:15 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. from Garden Avenue to Bartels Hall.
Tomorrow, the eastbound lane of Campus Road from West Avenue to College Avenue, Campus Road between College Avenue and Tower Road, East Avenue, Hoy Road, Garden Avenue between Campus Road and Tower Road, Wing Drive between Campus Road and Tower Road, Judd Falls Road between Tower Road and Route 366 and Tower Road between East Avenue and Judd Falls Road will be closed from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. The southbound lane of West Avenue will be closed at 8 a.m. as well, but reopen at 11 a.m.