Smellerific: Murder Mystery

Even though smoking is terrible for a person’s health, when I watch black and white movies in which movie stars smoke I can’t help but think, “Damn! Smoking looks so effing tight!” However, there is a way to cheat the devil when it comes to radiating the aura of suaveness only those private detectives and femme fatales have achieved in monochromatic movies from the 1940s to the ’50s.
There is a little fragrance house online called Ava Luxe that was created by a detailed and passionate perfumer named Serena Ava Franco. It houses a vast collection of transcendent scents spanning all types and genres. If you want to smell like the mysterious woman in the raincoat smoking that black and white cigarette, or the passionate man who falls in love with the woman who killed her husband, look no further.
Film Noir, as it is aptly named, is cold-hearted and cool. Leather is definitely the dominant note here. Other brooding notes that compliment the leather core of the fragrance include black amber and none other than tobacco. This is a dark and mysterious perfume for rainy nights in Chicago, New York or wherever else you wish to look like a badass. To look as cool as Humphrey Bogart or Ingrid Bergman, cigarette smoking is not necessary; Film Noir is.
4 stars.