City News

Residents Discuss Energy Efficiency
On Saturday, the Tompkins Renewable Energy Education Alliance organized the Community Forum on Energy at Ithaca College. Two-hundred residents discussed environmental retrofitting, including solar, wind, biofuel, geothermal, hydro and combined heat and power technology, according to the Ithaca Journal. Much of the conference was focused on finding ways to reduce energy use and costs by increasingly the efficiency of home appliances and improving insulation.

Man Admits Role in Murder
Danny H. Lehto, 26, of Ithaca, admitted on Thursday that he, along with David P. Tompkins, 27, of Locke, stabbed and beat Richard W. Andrews in 2006, according to The Ithaca Journal. Lehto and Locke were indicted last December on two counts of second-degree murder, first-degree manslaughter, first-degree robbery and tampering with physical evidence in connection with the killing.

Aurora St., Cliff St. Reopen Downtown
After its prolonged closure since last August, Cliff Street reopened on Friday along with the portion of Aurora Street between Columbia and Prospect streets, according to The Ithaca Journal, The City has been working on rebuilding the 700 feet of Cliff Street that is nearest to the city, but has encountered several delays due to state and county projects.