Memorial to Honor Kau ’12

Nicholas James Peter Kau ’12 passed away on Jan. 10 shortly before returning to school from winter break. Kau was a student in the College of Arts and Sciences and lived in Bauer Hall on North Campus.
Hailing from New York City’s Upper West Side, Kau attended Park Avenue Christian and Trinity School before coming to Cornell. According to an obituary in The New York Times, Kau’s loved ones “rejoice with the utmost pride in his life — pride in his intelligence, kindness and poise; pride in his beauty, vigor and laughter.”
Kau was also described as an “uproarious comic,” “master Shakespearean” and “irrepressible.” His friends continue to post on his Facebook profile wall, recounting memories and leaving words of love and hope.
A recent post described him as “the guy everyone wanted to talk to and be around, genuine, intelligent and funny.”
Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. this Saturday, Jan. 17 in New York City at St. Ignatius of Antioch Episcopal Church in New York City. A vigil will also be held on Friday, Jan. 16, between 6 and 9 p.m. at the same church.
Both the service and vigil are opened to the public. A community support meeting and a memorial service in remembrance of Nicholas are being planned for the coming week at Cornell.