M. Polo Unleashes On Boston University, 27-6

[img_assist|nid=34913|title=Constant threat|desc=Sophomore Max Constant scored six points in only three chukkers against Boston University.|link=node|align=left|width=|height=0]
“They had one player who challenged us and pushed us to work on a lot of stuff,” said Harvey. “This helped us to work on our team play, such as passing and moving the ball up. When we play teams that aren’t as talented as us, we work on things that will help us against better teams, like [Virginia].”
“The men improved greatly over what their performance was the week before,” said head coach David Eldredge ’81. “Rich (Weidel) got back to the level he was playing at before break, Bobby (Harvey’s) confidence is improving, and Max (Constant) was solid. We’re on the uphill, hopefully, on all fronts.”
When Harvey is on top of his game, the Red is a significantly better team.
“Bobby (Harvey) lost his confidence in his shot, and he’s gaining it back. Things are definitely improving there,” continued Eldredge.
The Red will have the next week off before traveling to Charlottesville, Va., to take on the Cavaliers on Feb. 20. The women’s team, which also has a week off before meeting up with Virginia on Feb. 20, will accompany Weidel, Harvey, and Constant on the trip.
The 16-0 women’s squad earned its most recent win of the season at home Friday evening when they dismantled the Skidmore Thoroughbreds by a final mark of 28-8. The home team held a 17-3 advantage at halftime and never relinquished its stranglehold on the match. Sixteen goals from sophomore Lizzie Wisner paced the Red.
“The women were outstanding this week,” said Eldredge. “They were back on track with a fantastic practice on Thursday that they carried right into the game on Friday. I told them ‘Welcome back; this is the team I know and remember from last semester.’ Last week’s struggle woke them up and I couldn’t have been happier with their production this weekend.”
A positive weekend for the Red was expected, and both teams came through with textbook victories.