Weill Cornell Student Reported Missing In New York City

A student on leave from Weill Cornell Medical College went missing on Thursday in New York City.

Amy Angle, who attended WCMC for three years, spent this year on medical leave, according to her father, Allen Angle. She was living in New York City and was in the process of reapplying to the college, he said.

Mr. Angle said that his daughter suffered from epilepsy and may be hospitalized somewhere in New York City, though he said he called a number of hospitals and was unable to locate her.

Ms. Angle had a conflict last week with the man from whom she was subletting a room, which led to her eviction, according to Mr. Angle. Her family made arrangements for her to fly home to Wixom, Mich., and booked her a hotel room and a flight from LaGuardia Airport. But Ms. Angle never checked into the hotel, he said.

After his daughter’s disappearance, Mr. Angle flew to New York City and has since been calling hospitals and scouring the neighborhood where she lived in New York to see if she might turn up, he said. None of her friends have seen her or communicated with her since Thursday, Mr. Angle said.

Mr. Angle filled a missing person report with the New York Police Department on Tuesday, after originally filing a report in the family’s hometown of Wixom, Mich.

“It’s frustrating for me as a parent trying to get this started,” Mr. Angle said. “I’m hoping to get much more thorough info with [the NYPD’s] presence in the investigation.”

A spokesperson for the NYPD said that the disappearance is under active investigation, but declined to provide details. Andrew Klein, a WCMC spokesperson, said that Ms. Angle was not currently enrolled in the college, but declined to comment further.

Anthony Byr, from Wixom, Mich., grew up with Ms. Angle and was her neighbor for 25 years. He said he was incredibly sad to hear of her disappearance and suspects the worst.

He added he hopes that the detectives in New York will be able to shed light on the situation through the discussions they will have with her roommates.

“I really hope this gets resolved. I hope there are some good detectives out there in New York,” Byr said.

Original Author: Juan Forrer