M. SQUASH | Red Enters Postseason

On Thursday, the men’s squash team will travel to Princeton, N.J., where it will play in the College Squash Association’s 2012 men’s national team championships. This year 63 teams will participate in eight divisions, with the Red playing in the Potter Cup (A Division).

Friday at noon, No. 6 Cornell (12-5, 4-3 Ivy League) will face the No. 3 Yale Bulldogs (14-1, 6-1) at Princeton’s Jadwin squash courts. The Red will look to avenge its 5-4 loss to Yale on Jan. 14, according to junior Rishi Jalan.

Representing Cornell are freshmen Aditya Jagtap and Ryan Todd, sophomore Bryan Keating, juniors Owen Butler, Arjun Gupta, Rishi Jalan and Nick Sachvie and seniors Alex Domenick, David Hilton, Will Hartigan and Thomas Spettigue.

Spettigue has been nominated for the Skillman award, which is presented annually to the senior who has demonstrated outstanding sportsmanship throughout his collegiate career. Spettigue went 15-1 for Cornell last season as No. 3 on the Red’s lineup, earning him All-Ivy and All-American accolades.  Currently he sits at 9-2 for the season, recording victories against Harvard, Princeton and Yale.

The winner of Friday’s match will move on to face the victor of the Dartmouth-Princeton matchup. The final will be on Sunday at 12:30 p.m.

Original Author: Lauren Ritter