Ithaca Resident Arrested for Possession Of Illegal Weapons, Controlled Substances

Following a lengthy narcotics investigation, Ithaca resident Mbusi Ntombela was arrested and arraigned Friday  for allegedly possessing illegal weapons and controlled substances, according to a report released by the Ithaca Police Department.

Investigating potential illegal distribution of drugs, IPD issued a search warrant for 202 Fourth St. for marijuana and cocaine on Friday. The search yielded not only marijuana and cocaine, but also counterfeit money and several illegal weapons, police said.

Ntombela, 40, was arrested on one count of criminal possession of a controlled substance in the third degree and two counts of criminal possession of a weapon in the third degree. He has not been charged in connection with the counterfeit currency, according to IPD.

After his arraignment in the City of Ithaca Court on Friday, Ntombela remains in the Tompkins County Jail on $20,000 cash bail of Tuesday, according to IPD.

IPD conducted the investigation with the Tompkins County Sheriff’s Department, the IPD SWAT Team and the Tompkins County District Attorney’s Office. Police did not release any additional details as the investigation is ongoing.

Original Author: Caroline Flax