W. HOCKEY | Squad Shoots for Nine Straight

The women’s hockey team looks to extend its eight-game winning streak this weekend as it faces ECAC opponents Quinnipiac and Princeton on the road. The No. 4 Red (19-4, 14-2 ECAC) will play an early game against Quinnipiac (15-9-3, 9-5-2) at 1 p.m. on Friday due to the threat of an impending snowstorm. Saturday’s matchup against Princeton (9-12-2, 4-10-2 ECAC) will be held at 4 p.m. as regularly scheduled.

Cornell is just one point behind Harvard (17-3-2, 14-1-1 ECAC) for the conference lead, with six conference games remaining. The Crimson plays Yale on Friday and B.U. on Tuesday before coming to Lynah Arena on February 15.

The Red will try not to look ahead to that all-important matchup and focus on this weekend’s games. Cornell had to come back to defeat Quinnipiac, 4-3, in Ithaca in November, but was able to shutout Princeton, 4-0.

Junior forward Brianne Jenner looks to continue her hot streak this weekend after recently being named ECAC 2012-2013 Player of the Week on February 5. She scored four goals and recorded two assists in the Red’s win against Union, a career-high six points. She also added a goal and assist in Cornell’s victory against Rensselaer. This is Jenner’s third time mentioned as Player of the Week this season (Nov. 20 and Jan. 22).

Historically, the Red has owned Quinnipiac with a 10-3-5 advantage over the Bobcats. Against Princeton, the Tigers hold a slight advantage, 41-34-4; however, the Red has not lost to them since November 2008.

Original Author: Scott Eckl