Playlists for Any Occasion: Hangover

WHAT HAPPENED LAST NIGHT?! Why do I have a tattoo of Babar the elephant on my left thigh? I have a receipt for 37 dollars worth of inflatable pool rafts. I’m wearing two pairs of socks and no pairs of underwear. All I know for sure is that there’s a good chance I’m going to throw up, I can’t see more than a few feet in front of me and it feels like He-Man is playing racquetball using my skull as the wall (HE HAS THE POWERRRRR). I hate my life. That’s right; I am so hungover. It’s 11:47 on a Sunday and I have like 13 prelims this week. We’ve all been there. How do we peel our dignity off the floor, ignore the searing pains emanating from our very existence and get back to living life?

This playlist is a highly regimented cure for the Sunday morning blues (9/10 doctors approve. That’s a fact #science). First, it gives you a few tracks to lie in bed and hate everything to. Then, it gives you some mellow noise muffins to convince you that it’ll all be okay (and after you get that vom that’s been brewing in your belly all morning out of your face, trust us, it will be). Finally, it will remind you that this day is pretty great! Oh wait– look at the sun shining! The barista at Starbucks gave you free coffee (though it may have been due to your ripe smell). The barren, gray wasteland that our campus has been reduced to seems a bit less barren and gray this morning! Despite having far fewer brain cells and an unsettling void of memories, your life has not been plunged into destruction and despair.

Dr. BoogieKnights is writing all you party animals an Rx for this playlist, two Tylenol, a bottle of water and a snuggle with a puppy/kitten/porcupine. Wait. One of those isn’t right…            Lookin’ for fun and feelin’ groovy,The Boogie Knights

Hangover:

Trouble- Ray LaMontagne Your Head is On Fire- Broken BellsSleeping In- Postal ServiceGet Me Away From Here, I’m Dying- Belle & SebastianUnbearable Why- Dr. DogSugar Man- Rodriguez Better Times- Beach HouseMellow My Man- The RootsLucky- Said The WhaleSunshine- AtmosphereBonfire Sessions- King FantasticRose Garden- ShadSong For No One- Miike SnowGood Day- Greg Street ft. Nappy Roots

Original Author: Sarah Finegold