WOMEN’S HOCKEY | Red Struggles On Road, Falls To Clarkson, Ties St. Lawrence

By DOUG BERMAN

This weekend, after coming off a difficult home loss to Harvard, the women’s Ice Hockey team went on the road against St. Lawrence and Clarkson. Unfortunately, the Red could only come away from the two contests with a 1-1 overtime tie against St. Lawrence and a 3-1 loss to Clarkson.

This three-game winless streak is the first of the season for the Red, which is currently 9-2-3 in the ECAC. Against St. Lawrence, the Red did not get off to a very good start, with St. Lawrence controlling possession throughout the entire first period. However, freshman goalie Paula Voorheis only allowed one goal in the period.

“Paula had an opportunity to step up and she definitely did,” senior forward Jessica Campbell said.

The Red finally tied the game with 5:59 left in regulation when freshman forward Hanna Bunton found the back of the net. However, the Red could not get on a run during the overtime period because at that point, “we hit a hot goalkeeper,” Campbell said.

Voorheis’ strong play kept the Red in the game, though, and the score remained tied at the end of overtime. Voorheis stopped twenty shots on goal in the match.

The following day, the Red took on Clarkson in another ECAC rivalry.

According to Campbell, the Red was looking to rebound after the tough finish against St. Lawrence on Friday.

Oliver Kliewe / Senior PhotographerOn target | Senior forward Jessica Campbell had 10 shots on goal against St. Lawrence.