EQUESTRIAN | Red Wins Cornell Show, Looks Ahead to Regional, Zone Finals

By ANNA JOHNSON

The Red rode to a win this past Sunday at its home show against local colleges in an effort that resulted in team and individual success.

Clinching victories on multiple levels, Cornell’s equestrian team qualified several riders for regionals in the process, including sophomore Elizabeth Drake and senior Thea Dickson. “I’m so glad I got to end that way … pointing out of my division and going to regionals. It’s been a long four years in the same division.” — Thea Dickson

Earning the top spot in her class, Dickson’s performance also resulted in her first blue ribbon.

“I’m so glad I got to end that way … pointing out of my division and going to regionals,” Dickson said. “It’s been a long four years in the same division.”

The Red placed a number of other team members among the top competitors, including sophomore Meridith Meyer, who battled through a five-way rideoff to emerge as the meet’s high-point rider.

Meyers, pleased with the team’s performance on Sunday and with its future prospects, looks forward to the important events coming up.

“I am so proud of the team for all of our accomplishments this year and am very excited for the rest of the season,” Meyers said. “Regionals and Zone Finals are coming up fast, but I think that everyone is riding fantastic and we can pull through to continue a great season.”

In light of past success, Meyers said she believes the team has what it takes to make a successful season.

Andy Johnson / Staff PhotographerCome together | Junior co-captain Sofia Steinberger said she was pleased with the way the Red worked together as a team at the Cornell show on Sunday.