GOLF | Red Takes 10th at Princeton Invite, Readies For Navy

By JOHN MCGRORTY

The Cornell men’s golf team competed this past weekend at the Princeton Invitational. The invitational was held at Springdale Golf Club in Princeton, N.J., and consisted of a 54-hole event spanning Saturday and Sunday. Of the 15 teams competing, Cornell finished 10th overall and sixth among the Ivies, with scores of 289-294-300 for a final score of 883. Harvard came out on top in the tournament with a final score of 832. They narrowly took first, finishing just three shots under second-place finisher Yale, who had previously held a four-year consecutive winning streak. Yale finished with a final score of 835, followed by Dartmouth with 854, Columbia with 864 and Seton Hall with 867.

Senior Zack Bosse shot a 2-under-par final round of 69 to help push the Red into a 10th place finish. This was the first time this season that Bosse broke 70. He tied for 24th overall in the individual portion of the invitational, shooting a 72, 77 and 69 for a combined total score of 218. Furthermore, he tied for the best among all 78 golfers in the event for going 5-under on part 5s during the weekend. OLIVER KLIEWE / SUN STAFF PHOTOGRAPHERSenior Zack Bosse shot a 2-under-part final round of 69, lifting the Red into a 10th place finish.