Pg-1-Mike-Birbiglia-Mug

Comedian Mike Birbiglia to Perform at Cornell Next Month

Comedian, writer and actor Mike Birbiglia will come to Cornell on Nov. 18 for a night of stand-up comedy, the Cornell University Program Board announced Tuesday.

The 37-year-old Birbiglia, born in Massachusetts, has appeared in the comedy blockbuster Trainwreck and the Netflix original series Orange is the New Black, according to CUPB. He also directed, wrote and starred in the independent comedy film Sleepwalk With Me, which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in 2012.

Birbiglia’s other appearances in television and film include The Fault in Our Stars, Annie and the HBO series Girls. He is also a regular contributor to the radio program This American Life, having been featured in episodes such as “Stranger in the Night,” “My Girlfriend’s Boyfriend” and “Of Mice and Men.”

Michael Luzmore ’17, executive chair of CUPB, said the group is “very happy” to be hosting Birbiglia for a free comedy show on campus.

“We’ve received feedback from students that they’d like to see more free comedy shows,” Luzmore said. “Through Mike and the beginning of our free Bear’s Den Comedy series, we are working to address this desire from the Cornell community.”

Birbiglia will perform in Statler Auditorium at 7:30 p.m., according to CUPB. Tickets are free for everyone and will be available beginning Nov. 3 at the Willard Straight Hall resource center and the Big Red Barn.