DOBBS '09

DOBBS '09

Dobbs’ ’09 Drone Work Recognized by Forbes

Gabriel Dobbs ’09, who uses his legal background to help shape regulatory drone rules, was recognized as one of nine Cornellians named to Forbes’ 2016 ‘30 Under 30’ list.

With the surge in drone use in recent years, Dobbs said he has worked to eliminate human work and human error from a number of different processes.

“There are a ton of beneficial uses of small unmanned aircraft systems,” Dobbs said. “My work has focused on how this technology can remove human beings from doing a lot of dangerous and time consuming jobs in the real world.”

Dobbs currently works as director of business development and policy at Kespry Inc. — a California-based company that designs and builds a commercial drone system from the hardware to the data processing.

Describing his job, Dobbs said there is no “typical day” at Kespry.

“When I’m in the office, I reach out to new customers, work on large partnerships and distribution deals and keep up on regulatory news in the drone world,” he said. “Most of the time I’m onsite with our customers, where I do everything from training to interviewing them about how we can make our product better and help them save time, money and improve safety on their job sites.”

While at Cornell, Dobbs majored in mathematics and was an op-ed columnist for The Sun. He also studied Greek mythology, cooking and wines.

“Taking a mix of courses at Cornell gave me the strong opinion that you should pursue off-the-beaten path passions in college since they often end up being more valuable than more conventional studies,” he said. “Learning how to learn is important, as is enjoying yourself in a beautiful place and making friends with a bunch of smart, motivated people with varied interests.”

After graduating from Cornell, Dobbs worked as a software engineer at Cisco and an analyst at ValueAct Capital before studying law and business at Stanford.

“I’ve always looked for businesses and technologies that present dramatic opportunities to change and improve how people live, but also will require updates to our laws and policies to be truly effective,” he said.

Continuing in his interest in interdisciplinary pursuits, Dobbs said that he has aimed to work at the “intersection of law, business and technology.”

“[I] saw the many challenges companies face when they want to do incredibly ambitious things like remove human beings from driving, make c

ommercial space launch affordable or allow individuals access to personalized data about their genome,” he said.

Dobbs credits many of successes to his time at Cornell, citing the strength of the school’s alumni network and bonds between its graduates.

“Being part of the Cornell community definitely impacts you when you run into other alumni, because you instantly have a bond from this very special place and have so many shared experiences no matter when you graduated,” Dobbs said.

16 thoughts on “Dobbs’ ’09 Drone Work Recognized by Forbes

1. I think that what you published was actually very reasonable.

However, what about this? what if you added a little content?
    I mean, I don’t want to tell you how to run your website, however what
    if you added something that makes people want more? I mean Dobbs’ ’09 Drone Work Recognized by
    Forbes | The Cornell Daily Sun is kinda vanilla.
    You should peek at Yahoo’s front page and note
    how they create article titles to grab viewers to open the links.
    You might add a related video or a picture or two to grab readers excited about everything’ve
    written. In my opinion, it could make your posts a little bit more interesting.

2. Maintenance is also an important stage of thhe life cycle.
    The slightly difference is due to the test conditions. t
    get me wrong, men should pamper and listen to
    their partner if they want harmony in the relationship, but when it becomes out of control, like requesting you to get her some chocolate chip ice cream at two inn the morning because she
    feels bad thzt her oldd classmae did not accept her friend requewst in Facebook, then you just have to draw
    thee line.

3. A lot of articles giving wrong advise to anxiety sufferer regarding high anxiety can be found floating
    on the internet. Depression and anxiety are related disorders that can have a huge impact on your overall health and quality of life if
    left untreated. This all sounds really simple and I know that it
    is not because I have done it, but it is far simpler than doing what every anxiety sufferer does every
    day of their lives, avoiding situations, people and
    places, losing time, money and opportunities and not being able to take advantage of everything life has to offer.

4. When someone writes an piece of writing he/she retains the image of a user in his/her
    brain that how a user can understand it. So that’s why this piece of writing is amazing.
    Thanks!

5. I’m curious to find out what blog platform you happen to be utilizing?
    I’m experiencing some small security problems with my latest webzite and I would likke to find something more safeguarded.
    Do you have any solutions?

6. หนั??งสือพิมพ์พูด จีเมล
    นินทามีก่ออสงไขยแถวเธอเป็นได้ติเตียน จีเมล พร้อมกับแวดวงสรรพสิ่งการเลี้ยงดูรุ่งโรจน์ให้สัญญาพร้อมทั้งไม่หนึ่งจุดสำคัญ http://Doodeechannel.com/2013/03/gmail-google.html ที่อยู่จงเสียสถานภาพหรือไม่ที่ทางเธอปริปากแหวเธอมีอยู่ จีเมล แหล่งจะประนีประนอมนงคราญบอกดุประกอบด้วยข้อคดีลึกลับเพราะเหตุใดคุณ

7. To make positive changes to skin you need to first purchase
    the game then utilize the uploader from the preferences section on minecraft.

Have your own Must-Have Minecraft Items for Mining Caves.xt% minecraft mods 1.7.3

To make positive changes to skin you need to first purchase the game then utilize the uploader
    from the preferences section on minecraft. Have your own Must-Have Minecraft Items for Mining Caves.xt%

8. There are four indicators to find out whether you are getting a
    jelly rubber or PVC composite toy:. I live all over the area, primarily in London but I also offer an office in Paris.
    Pocket pussy prices Hopefully you’ll discover this helpful and this will maybe put a number of minds comfortable.

If you happen to be you trying to find more specifics of fake pussy drop by fake-pussy.
    flavored lubricants, because increases the possibility of yeast infections in women.

9. Home security systems in Detroit are standard, smart homeowners are minimizing
    their probabilities of burglary and theft by employing security systems installed within their residences.
    These systems contain open and close circuits and linked to doors and windows of homes.
    Simplisafe smoke detector false alarm This is even true
    for last alarms in banks and businesses.

Open circuit systems function by activating a security alarm when the circuit closes, that should be to say whenever a window or possibly a door is opened,
    the circuit is completed and also the alarm is activated.
    ll explore the standard principles which make scalping systems work for you personally, whether for your business or as part of your home.

10. The Stampede nerf is really a fully automatic gun that has the capacity to fire many foam darts in seconds.

Parents can be determined by wooden toys to last forever, in particular when taken good proper
    care of by washing them. Best nerf gun for toddler As said earlier,
    these rubber toys are harmless because they have no edges or
    metal frame.

Also, these toys increase the coordination between limbs and make your infant’s legs stronger.
    Essentially, magnetic maze toys work with a magnetic pointer to let your youngster pick up
    a small metal ball and guide it around the track.

11. The price of these kinds of CCTV cameras depends for
    the lens found in it, the facilities you need to get from
    it and the brand that you need to choose. If a car is carrying female employees,
    these vehicle CCTV systems may be of great use by giving details of
    vehicle interiors at any given point of time. Dvr q see In standard a DVR is accessible to go
    to labor proper out of the box.

Direc – TV DVR by Tivo, enables you to record
    one, as well as two, shows in the same time. This is often a detailed
    review, based on research and never personal experience.

12. Some of the games take advantage from the phones
    inbuilt accelerometer which allows controls like
    steering a vehicle to become carried out by tilting the handset.
    Computer consultants are the people who design and implement latest and specialized
    applications many different organizations. Newegg ibuypower
    Just last weekend with the five gaming computers Aiea
    Best Buy had on display only two of them were in stock, and one ones was
    an Alienware having an I 5 processor into it.

It is imperative which you trace the proper folders with the
    custom songs you need to add. Almost any pre-built PC will feature
    Windows OS and at least a discount for Microsoft Office.

13. Not surprisingly, it requires a watch-making great like Patek Phillipe
    for making it happen. Some watches will contain the better functions for waterproof, some
    watches may suit to the fly more. Brand Super copy That means that this watch will be
    know in the whole world because the ‘museum watch’.

They don’t cost a whole lot but they bring great joy just the identical.

Famous faces for example Cameron Diaz and Maria Sharapova all wear TAG Heuer.

14. Anatex was commended from the USC School of Business for its unique and innovative marketing plan of promoting toys over the American Academy of Pediatrics.
    These waiting room toys are devised to occupy minimum living area and also provide
    immovable parts that reduce cases of untidy office environments.
    Best new nerf guns 2015 First, when buying toys, we ought to focus
    around the materials of toys.

The armor nerf is coming inside form of Toughness –
    or perhaps in this case, a lack thereof. You can buy those
    ben10 ultimate alien toys in entire collection together to your boy as well as separately.

15. Get the absolute best entertainment expertise with Windows 7 Home Premium.
    We could have preferred 1600 x 900 (that’s available with this laptop), which can be more productive to work towards it
    more screen space. Best laptops for gaming under 500
    If a laptop is run for the battery and plugged into utilising an AC adapter, over time the car battery will condition itself to own for lesser degrees of time than normally expected.

If your reason for investing in a tablet is strictly for web
    surfing and email reading, the Surface 2 is incredibly comparable to other 10″ Android tablets. In the mean time, there are a great deal of processor around the market who have 2, four or 6 cores such since the Intel I-Core plus the AMD Phenom ranges.