KILLING TIME JOYOUSLY | What is Killing Time Joyously?

As you may have noticed, I have finally given my blog a name – Killing Time Joyously. It definitely isn’t the best blog name out there, but I guess I am just really desperate to have one so this is what it’s going to be until I can think of a much more creative and meaningful name.

I hope I didn’t give the impression that this name has no meaning, though. Of course, this blog is about how I, literally, kill time joyously by watching, and then recommending to you guys, various East Asian entertainment shows – but there is more to it. As some of you geniuses may have guessed already, the first letter of each word actually represents a specific country that I plan to focus on in my blog: Korea, Taiwan and Japan. And if you have been reading my previous blogs, you would know why I have chosen these three East Asian countries in particular – Korea because K-pop has defined my life ever since middle school, Taiwan because my parents are Taiwanese so I grew up watching Taiwanese television shows and Japan because I absolutely loved anime and manga before I was introduced to K-pop. It was with these three countries in mind that I finally came up with this blog name, so I shamelessly hope you guys will not ridicule it but actually find it somewhat clever.

That’s pretty much it for my first week back to blogging. I really just wanted to take the time to explain the blog name and briefly mention again what my blog revolves around, so this blog is relatively short.

Good luck for the upcoming semester, and I hope you guys will stay tuned for my upcoming posts!

Vicky Chou is a freshman in the College of Arts and Sciences. She is a self-proclaimed EXO-L despite initially despising the overratedness that is EXO, and hopes to become famous one day so she can meet various K-pop idols outside of her dreams. She is afraid of trying new things and thus tends to only order a mocha frappuccino at Libe Cafe. Vicky’s blog appears on alternate Mondays this semester, and she can be reached at [email protected].