Police Report Armed Robbery at Subway Restaurant

Ithaca Police responded to an armed robbery at a Subway Restaurant at 401 Elmira Road on Saturday evening after a store employee reported the crime.

Officers spoke with a store employee, who said that at approximately at 8:45 p.m., as he was preparing to close the store, a man entered wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt and black ski mask, according to a police report.

The clerk was forced towards the register and then to open it as the suspect held a handgun, according to the report.

The suspect then reportedly took an undisclosed amount of money from the cash register before fleeing the restaurant on foot, possibly towards Spencer Street, according to the report.

The suspect is described as a black male of average build with a dark complexion. He wore a gray hooded sweatshirt, dark sweatpants and a black ski mask during the robbery, according to the report.

No injuries were reported, according to the report.

Police advise that anyone who has any additional information about the robberty should contact the Ithaca Police Department.

This armed robbery follows a shooting near the 100 block of Cleveland Avenue last week, when police responded to an argument between two individuals when one of the two suspects discharged a handgun.

Police did not recover the weapon and did not identify either suspect at the time of the shooting. Both individuals fled the scene, according to a police report.