Courtesy of Rolling Stone

Indie Rock Band Wavves to Perform at Cornell

Surf-punk rock band Wavves will perform at Cornell on April 8, according to a press release from the Cornell Concert Commission. The concert will be held in Bailey Hall and is open to the public.

The San Diego-based band, best known for their song “King of the Beach,” is recognized for a sound that combines the acoustic, pop and punk genres, the release said. The group released their fifth studio album, V, in October.

CCC Promotions Director Sarah Dellett ’18 said she hopes Wavves will bring an “upbeat, edgy vibe to [Bailey Hall’s] traditionally more low-key, acoustic venue.”

Dellett added that she expects the band’s mix of musical styles to attract a variety of attendees to the concert.

“Their eclectic surf punk sound will bring out old and new fans from the Cornell and Ithaca community,” she said.

Over 420 people have expressed that they are “interested” in the concert on the show’s student-run Facebook event page. Over 230 have indicated that they are “going.”

Orchestra and mezzanine tickets cost $10 for students and $15 for the general public and Cornell faculty and staff, while balcony tickets cost $8 and $10, respectively, according to the CCC website. Tickets for the show are available at www.CornellConcerts.com.