Nickolas Conklin

Courtesy of the Ithaca Police Department

Nickolas Conklin

Ithaca Man Arrested Fleeing Burglary Scene

Ithaca police arrested Nickolas Conklin, 22, after responding to a burglary in progress on Eddy Street early Tuesday morning.

Conklin was arrested while fleeing the scene after officers secured the perimeter, according to a police department press re­lease.

The release said the resident called police after hearing the sound of breaking glass and later officers were advised en route that the resident heard someone in the apartment.

After receiving search warrants, officers searched Concklin’s vehicle, which was found parked outside the apartment, as well as the suspect’s home, and found evidence from other burglaries in each, according to the press release.

The announcement follows an unrelated release that stated the Ithaca Police De­part­ment and SWAT team storm­ed an apartment on West Green Street at 5 a.m. on Tuesday morning.

Members served a search warrant and after securing the apartment, found weighing scales, cash and packaging materials often used during drug sales, according to a press release.

Officers are interviewing the resident of the apartment and the investigation is ongoing, according to The Ithaca Journal.

Ithaca police officer Jamie Williamson told The Journal that although no arrest was made, the raid was still successful “because we have just developed some sort of information.”