Sen. Bernie Sanders (D-Vt.) will rally in Binghamton on Monday morning.

Photo courtesy of The New York Times.

Sanders, Trump to Visit Upstate New York

Presidential candidates Sen. Bernie Sanders (D-Vt.) and Donald Trump have announced plans to host rallies in upstate New York this week.

Sanders will hold both a rally at the Floyd L. Maines Veterans Memorial Arena in Binghamton this Monday morning and an event at Alumni Arena in Buffalo later that day.

Trump plans to visit Syracuse on April 16 — although the location of the rally has not yet been released — and rally at Buffalo’s First Niagara Center and a venue in Rochester on April 17, according to syracuse.com.

These campaign stops are several on the candidates’ tours of New York before the state’s primary voting begins on April 19, according to PressConnects.

Thus far, the Sanders is the only candidate scheduled to visit Binghamton — where he taught a Masters course called “Affluence and Crisis,” on wealth inequality at Binghamton University  in 1990, according to Binghamton University.

Donald Bazley, a volunteer for the Ithaca and Tompkins County for Bernie Sanders Campaign, said he believes Sanders will discuss economic hardships facing prevalent in upstate New York.

Presidential candidate Donald Trump will speak in several cities in upstate New York next weekend.

(Zach Gibson / The New York Times)

“I predict that in both places he will address the trade policies that have taken jobs away from those cities, that once had thriving industries,” Bazley said.

Sanders’ announced stop in Binghamton follows a petition circulated in Ithaca last week urging the candidates to visit Cornell, which garnered over 3,000 signatures in under a week.

However, Gus Dusenberry, an Ithaca resident, said this week that he recognizes that Sanders may need to focus his attention on larger cities in upstate New York ahead of primary voting.

Republican frontrunner Trump will be introduced in Syracuse by two of his New York campaign co-chairs, Onondaga County Republican Party Chair Tom Dadey (R-NY) and county clerk Lisa Dell, syracuse.com reported.

In an interview with CNN in February, Trump asserted his popularity in upstate New York.

“In upstate New York, I’m like the most popular person that has ever lived, virtually,” Trump told CNN. “They’re great friends of mine.”

REED

REED

Representative Tom Reed (R-NY) endorsed Trump for president last month, becoming one the first members of New York’s congressional delegation to publicly support the candidate.

The doors for the Sanders’ rally will open at 9 a.m. and Sanders is expected to arrive at 11 a.m. according to News 12. The event is free and open to the public. Details for Trump’s rallies are still being released.

5 thoughts on “Sanders, Trump to Visit Upstate New York

1. Trump has benefited from a corrupt system and understands what must be done to fix it. It would be far easier for him to just continue buying politicians if he wanted to keep taking advantage rather than running for POTUS. As such, I have to believe he actually wants to help America more than he wants to continue taking advantage. He made his riches and now I think he wants to focus on his legacy, and wants to be remembered for righting America’s ship (who cares if that’s ego driven; I would happily help build him a statue if he succeeds). Consequently, those who want to continue exploiting are scared and doing everything they can to stop him; they are even hiring thugs through craigslist to disrupt his rallies.

2. The following message is brought to you by Puppets for the Establishment Parasites (PEP), who want to encourage you to let them finish off America so they can move on to their next host…

“You let us get this far…throw the red pill in the trash; stop trying to struggle against the hypnosis now and let us just take the last few drops of blood…it will all be over soon”
    “And please remember that free trade helps America; illegal immigration helps America; policing the world is America’s responsibility; super PACs are free speech to help poor unwitting candidates; there are no paid protesters; the news media we fund is unbiased; lobbyists are good; politicians and bureaucrats cannot be bought; those idiotic concerns about the debt and bubbles are unfounded; our education system is the best; your privacy is always protected; the war in Iraq was necessary; Russia is evil; your government listens to you…anyone who disagrees with this reality is a xenophobic, isolationist, ignorant, racist, nutjob!”

3. Super-PACs MUST be banned! They give a few wealthy exploiters the ability to shape our entire political system; they allow for absurdly unequal representation! The people and corporations funding these PACs have acquired their wealth from selling out America through political favors, endless wars, unfair trade deals, exploiting foreign labor, exploiting illegal labor within our borders, creating insurmountable debt for our children, and maintaining a rigged election process that ensures nothing will change. Super-PACs are a direct conflict of interest and an absolute corrupting force!

In my opinion, any candidate who doesn’t demand their super-PACs disband in the name of democracy and the people is a flat out TRAITOR to America! Exploiter puppets Clinton and Cruz will never do this like Trump and Sanders have; instead, they will continue feigning powerlessness and ignorance regarding super-PACs. Anyone who votes for these conniving two-faced lawyers is voting to continue selling out America!

If someone with Trump’s resources can’t run without being shredded by exploiter-funded super-PACs and media pundits, how does someone like me or you have a chance? The answer is that, unless we are lackeys like Clinton and Cruz, whom those same exploiters also fund, we don’t! The process is rigged; you can watch a great example of how the media takes things out of context and falsely demonizes non-controlled candidates like Trump by searching for and viewing “The Untruth about Donald Trump” video.

4. Pingback: Bernie Sanders in Binghamton today – Breaking News Watch