Cameron Pollack / Sun Photography Editor

TCAT service in Collegetown has returned to normal.

TCAT Halts Service to Collegetown, Citing Delays

Citing traffic and construction delays, Tompkins Consolidated Area Transit has announced that its buses will not service stops in Collegetown “until further notice.”

A TCAT press release explains that all routes which contain Collegetown stops — including 10, 30, 32 and 51 — will be rerouted to Stewart Avenue.

Bus stops at College at Mitchell will be relocated to State at Stewart and Schwartz Performing Arts Center and Anabel Taylor Hall stops have been moved to Sage Hall. Stops at Stella’s and Carpenter Hall have been relocated to Statler Hall, the release said.

TCAT has also announced that Cornell’s commencement ceremonies will cause the detour of route 51 on Sunday until approximately 5 p.m. The detour will use Mitchell St. and Maple Ave. in traveling to East Hill Plaza and will be unable to service stops in Collegetown.

The announcement limiting service to Collegetown comes in the wake of a decision to reduce TCAT summer servicing — an arrangement which will change the schedule of 21 buses — due to a shortage of bus drivers, The Sun previously reported.

“We are hoping that we can build up our ranks of drivers, but in the meantime, it has been challenging,” said Patty Poist, communications and marketing manager for TCAT at a public meeting discussing service cuts last month.