Gale

Gale

IPD Names Suspect in Stewart Avenue Stabbing

The Ithaca Police Department disclosed Tuesday the identity of one of the two suspects wanted for a Sept. 28 stabbing on the 400 block of Stewart Avenue.

The stabber is believed to be Khaliq Gale, according to IPD. Gale is described as a “a light-skinned black male with long hair usually worn in braids or a bun atop his head.” He is said to have stabbed an unidentified victim in the leg during a dispute. Police previously disclosed that neither the suspects nor the victim ar affiliated with Cornell.

Police believe Gale was joined by another, unidentified suspect — described as a “a black male last seen wearing a dark-colored hooded sweatshirt” — who allegedly produced a handgun during the altercation.

Authorities have been unable to locate Gale or the other suspect over the six days since the stabbing took place.

Gale was arrested in 2014 for possession of narcotics and drug paraphernalia and charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance in the third degree and criminal trespass in the third degree. He is 21, according to his profile on the dating site Badoo.

Gale’s Instagram account describes him as a “God Body, God Consciousness, Boxer, MMA Fighter, Modeling.” Gale’s Facebook profile was active leading up to the stabbing, but he does not appear to have posted since Sept. 28. His last post read “Just Because Somebody Keep You Around Don’t Mean They Fuck Wit You, People Buy Cats Just To Get Rid Of Mice,” published about six hours before police said the stabbing took place.

5 thoughts on “IPD Names Suspect in Stewart Avenue Stabbing

1. Congratulations on naming a suspect in one of the four recent stabbings on or near the Cornell campus. Good step forward in transparency and communication.

Unfortunate that he has a background with a narcotic conviction, this is quite concerning and worrisome. Did this violence have anything to do with drugs or dealings on East Hill?

People can do what they want when they are in Dryden, but they sure better not deal drugs on East Hill! Narcotic abuse kills, and this is not a victimless crime.

2. Hmmm..authorities have his Instagram pic but are unable to locate him or his cohort. that’s wonderful news!! OH and by the way, the murderer of the Ithaca student is still unknown.. This all brings us such piece of mind!! PLZ CALL FOR OUTSIDE help in solving these cases, esp. the murder!! It’s getting ridiculous.