Lord

Interfraternity Council Selects New President in First Round of Executive Board Elections

The Interfraternity Council elected Drew Lord ’18 to be the next president of its 2017 executive board at the first round of its elections Wednesday.

In addition to Lord, Sam Turer ’18 was selected executive vice president, after serving as vice president for recruitment this year. Ken Park ’19 was elected vice president for judicial affairs, Will Gusick ’19 was elected vice president for finance and Paul Russell ’19 was elected vice president for recruitment.

Lord — who is currently serving as vice president for university and community relations — said that he is excited to make further improvements in the Greek community.

“I’m thrilled to take on the position of IFC president,” he said. “Serving as a vice president this past year, I’ve taken front row seat in witnessing the opportunity for progress within the Greek community. I’m looking forward to continuing the progress we’ve made this year.”

He highlighted recruitment efforts to promote diversity, preventing high risk associated with alcohol at events and taking proactive measures on issues such as sexual assault as some of his priorities.

“In all, I’m excited to be the best sounding-board possible for community members and look forward to excelling the Greek community even further,” Lord added.

The current president of the IFC, Blake Brown ’17, said he is confident that the newly elected leaders will work hard to address issues and reverse negative stigma.

“I’m extremely pleased with the leaders that have been elected to the 2017 IFC Executive Board thus far,” he said. “Having worked with all five this year in various capacities on the IFC, I can confidently say that they will do an incredible job leading our fraternity community.”

The second round of IFC elections will be held next Wednesday and will include the positions of vice president for communications, vice president for programming, vice president for university and community relations, and vice president for member and alumni development.