GREEN

GREEN

Records Show Alleged Stabber Had Criminal History

This post has been updated with additional information.

Although police have declined to comment on the criminal record of Nagee Green — the man charged Monday with the murder of Ithaca College student Anthony Nazaire — records show that in the past three years Green has been arrested twice, on counts of drug and weapon possession.

Cornell’s Prof. Lance Salisbury, law — and Green’s defense attorney — told the court Monday that Green has no previous convictions, according to The Ithaca Voice. However, records show that Green, 23, was detained twice in recent years for possessing drugs and stolen firearms.

In December of 2013, Cornell Police found a 16 gauge shotgun and a .22 caliber rifle — both stolen from the City of Ithaca — in a vehicle with Green and two other Ithaca residents, according to a University release. Green was charged with fourth degree criminal possession of stolen property, a class E felony.

Green and John A. Benton, another Ithaca resident, were also charged with unlawful possession of marijuana and criminal possession of a controlled substance in April of this year, after police found marijuana and crack cocaine in their vehicle at a traffic stop, according to a press release from the Tompkins County Sheriff’s Office.

Salisbury stressed that although Green may have been arrested on these charges, his criminal record indicates that he was not convicted for either.

Green was detained Monday afternoon and charged with murder and assault in the second degree. He has pled not guilty to both charges. Green will appear before a grand jury in Ithaca at 1:15 p.m. Thursday and no evidence will be presented until that time.

3 thoughts on “Records Show Alleged Stabber Had Criminal History

1. Stealing weapons from the City of Ithaca later found by Cornell Police? Were these weapons found on campus since Cornell police found them in his car? Did this class E felony go unpunished? (embarrassing situation for the city?)
    Possession of crack three years later? Did this go unpunished?

2. Omega Psi Phi claims as its motto “Friendship is Essential to the Soul”. It’s a shame that both Mr. Green and Mr. Nazaire were befriended by OPP and invited to their party. Perhaps OPP should be more careful about who it befriends in the future. Let’s hope many(including those at Cornell’s chapter of OPP) remember Mr. Nazaire for many years, and follow the model he put forth in his short life.

• How do you know Nazaire was a “model” and blameless. How do you know Green didn’t act in self-defence? How do you know he wasn’t attacked by both stabbing victims? Answer: you don’t.

OPP is politically correct racism, as sanctioned as the racism of the Obama culture. Instead of the integration and true fellowship of Martin Luther King, Jr., blacks have chosen the path of black nationalism and chauvinism. Hate breeds hate.