Ithaca Police said a man was shoved to the ground, kicked and punched on Schuyler Place on Friday night during the course of being robbed for $85.

Nicholas Bogel-Burroughs / Sun City Editor

Man Robbed, Shoved to Ground on Schuyler Place, Police Say

A man sustained minor injuries and was transported to the hospital after being robbed of the cash in his pocket and shoved to the ground by four men near Collegetown on Friday night, police said.

Ithaca Police responded to Schuyler Place near Buffalo Street about 11:18 p.m. to aid a man who said he was pushed to the ground and then punched and kicked in the head and body by a group of men who took $85 from him.

The victim reported to police that the four suspects are black men wearing hoodies and jeans and all between 5’11” and 6’2”. The victim told police that the men’s hoodies were red, white and a dark color and that he did not remember the color of the fourth.

The suspects, after the victim handed them the cash from his pocket, fled the area heading south on Schuyler Place toward East State Street, police said.

23 thoughts on “Man Robbed, Shoved to Ground on Schuyler Place, Police Say

1. Is it really necessary to specify the race of the assailants? It does nothing to promote racial harmony.

2. Obviously, the “victim” used his privilege to oppress the 4 upstanding black scholar athletes. He should have thanked the 4 gentlemen for helping to check his privilege.

3. Will a brain injury make it more difficult to complete a Cornell degree? Regardless, diversity is our strength!

4. 4 black men? How did the “victim” know they were black? Did he ask them how they racially identify. This “victim” sounds pretty racist.

5. The 4 men didn’t flee the scene. They were simply in a hurry to get to the library and start studying. They’re good boys.

6. Next time, carry more money. Black men are discriminated against in the work force. There is a racial pay gap.

7. Totally unnecessary to mention the race of the perps: it does nothing but create racial strife and animus in our community!