Cornell Tech's Roosevelt Island campus, as depicted in this rendering, will collaborate with Citigroup this fall.

Courtesy of Cornell University

July 25, 2017

Cornell Tech Announces Collaboration with Citigroup

Cornell Tech has struck a deal with Citigroup for the bank to become the first in its industry to have a presence on the Roosevelt Island campus this September.

Citi will reside in a building called The Bridge, a center for startups, established companies and academics on Roosevelt Island. Citi has leased 10,900 square feet of space in The Bridge, according to a recent press release.

Citi’s Head of Operations and Technology Don Callahan noted the benefits of the partnership for Citi.

“Co-locating in The Bridge with companies, entrepreneurs and students will create an energized environment that fosters innovation and enables interaction with a wide range of emerging talent,” he said in the release. “As a firm headquartered in New York City, we are excited to be a part of this initiative with Cornell Tech that will develop and strengthen the City’s technology talent and industry.”

Citi is the second tenant to sign on with the established company programs at The Bridge, following Two Sigma Investments, which announced its partnership with the University in January.

Though Citi may be at the forefront in signing on with the established companies of The Bridge, it is far from the first company to be involved with the development of the campus.

In May 2012, Google donated 40,000 square feet in Chelsea so that Cornell Tech could launch prior to the opening of the Roosevelt Island campus, according to The Bridge’s website.

In February 2015, Verizon donated $50 million for the Verizon Executive Education Center, and in October 2013 Cornell Tech announced collaboration with such corporate and media giants as Tumblr, Facebook, and The New York Times for its Connective Media degree.

In its partnership with Citi, Cornell Tech students will learn about cyber security, data applications and the use of technological products in professional banking applications, according to the press release. 70 to 80 Citi employees will work in The Bridge.

Cornell Tech Dean Dan Huttenlocher said in the press release that providing the students the opportunity to problem solve with a company such as Citi was “part of Cornell Tech’s lifeblood.”

“Collaborations like this one will bring The Bridge and the entire campus to life when we open on Roosevelt Island this fall,” he said.

• papasharon

I am Sharma Vanee-There was no happiness in my life because I could not bare children for my husband even after seven years in marriage,I had played power ball and lotto for along time but had never won. We were running a business together with my husband but it was not going well, with all these problems, i was too stressed and felt like my life was stuck and was useless. One Sunday morning,browsing through the internet, i came across a testimony of a young lady about a traditional healer called papa sharon in South Africa that had helped her, after long thoughts and with all the stress i had, i decided to try and call this traditional healer, i talked to him about my problems and he said he can help me change my life despite the distance between us. I sent him some money that he had asked for that he was going to use to buy the items he needed to perform his spells and do his work. I won power ball for the first time ever we used this money to boost our business that is now doing great,change our home, i gave birth to a beautiful set of twins and he also helped my man to enlarge and firm his manhood using his herbal medicine. I am so happy because i am now living the life i did not think i would ever have.Thank you so much papa sharon if you find yourself reading this, do not call it chance but fate has guided your steps. if you have any problems,hardships no matter what, do not struggle in pain but contact papa sharon he will help you,on +27630922041