Cameron Pollack / Sun Photography Editor

A female Cornell student reported to police on Thursday morning that a man entered a bathroom in Founders Hall and exposed himself before fleeing

Man Exposes Himself to Female Cornell Student in Shower, Police Say

Cornell Police are looking for a man who illegally entered a residence hall bathroom on Thursday morning and exposed himself to a female student who was showering, police said in a campus alert.

The man fled in an unknown direction after exposing himself to the unidentified female student about 5:30 a.m. on Thursday while she was showering in a bathroom in Founders Hall, Cornell Police said.

Founders Hall is near Gothics Way and is one of the Gothic buildings that make up the Flora Rose House, part of the West Campus House System.

The female student described the suspect as a white male between 30 and 35 with an oval-shaped face and faint blonde stubble, Cornell Police said.

The student said the suspect was about 5-foot-8-inches tall and wearing a gray sweatshirt with black sleeves, a blue flat-brimmed hat, blue pants and possibly white high-top sneakers.

Deputy Chief David Honan declined to answer questions about the incident, writing in an email that Cornell Police “are still actively working on this case and will not be able to provide any further information at this time.”

A crime alert was posted online and sent to all members of the Cornell community via email about 8:30 a.m.

Cornell Police urged anyone with information about the apparent crime to contact the department at 607-255-1111.