Courtesy of Pizza Masetti Craiova on Flickr

Suspect Fires 2 Shots After Robbing Ithaca Domino’s Delivery Driver of $30, Police Say

A man fired two shots into the road after robbing a Domino’s delivery driver on Monday night in Ithaca, the driver reported to police.

The unidentified Domino’s delivery driver was delivering food on West Hill shortly before 9 p.m. when the suspect — described as a thin, white man about 5 feet 7 inches tall — demanded the delivery man’s money on the 400 block of Elm Street, Ithaca Police Sgt. Matthew Cowen said in a statement.

The suspect, who was wearing dark pants, a black hooded sweatshirt and a baseball hat, searched the victim’s pockets and then displayed a small, black handgun, Cowen said.

After searching the delivery driver for a second time, the suspect “reportedly fired the handgun twice into the roadway,” Cowen said in the statement. No one was injured in the incident.

Two different people who answered the phone at Domino’s in Ithaca hung up on Monday night when contacted by a Sun reporter.

The suspect stole a change pouch with about $30 and credit cards and then fled the area on foot toward West Village Apartments, Cowen said.

The investigation is ongoing, and Ithaca Police urged anyone with information to contact the Ithaca Police Department at the dispatch line, 607-272-3245, or the police tip line, 607-330-0000.