Cameron Pollack / Sun Senior Photographer

Cornell has free tickets available for students to watch the Red take on Harvard in Philadelphia.

Students’ Road to Ivy Madness: Cornell Offers Bus Transportation to Philadelphia, Free Tickets for Men’s Basketball Tournament

Cornell Athletics announced Tuesday it is providing free tickets for students to travel and watch the Cornell men’s basketball team in the Ivy League tournament in Philadelphia this weekend.

Cornell will also provide bus transportation to Philadelphia on Saturday morning for the 12:30 p.m. game. The roundtrip bus trip costs $10 for students. The free tickets, along with $15 tickets once the free tickets are all claimed, plus registration for the bus are available online here.

The bus is scheduled to leave Ithaca at 6:30 a.m., and will pick up students at RPCC on North Campus. It will return after the game.

The announcement noted that students who claim free tickets are not required to ride the bus, and can pick up tickets at Bartels Hall on Wednesday.

The Red faces Harvard at 12:30 p.m. Saturday. If it wins, Cornell will take on the winner of Yale and Penn’s Saturday matchup at noon on Sunday, with the winner earning a bid to the NCAA tournament.

If Cornell beats Harvard on Saturday, Cornell plans to have a similar transportation arrangement for the Ivy championship game, with a bus leaving Ithaca early Sunday morning.