X Ambassadors performs at the inaugural Cayuga Sound festival at Stewart Park, September 23rd, 2017. (Cameron Pollack / Sun Photography Editor)

X Ambassadors and Young the Giant to Headline the Second Annual Cayuga Sound Festival in Stewart Park

X Ambassadors and Young the Giant will headline the second annual Cayuga Sound Festival in Stewart Park.

This year, however, the festival will last two days as opposed to the one last year and will take place September 21 and 22.

Other artists performing will include Matt and Kim, Sofi Tukker, Talib Kweli, Buddy, Morgxn, Knew, Lady D and the Shadow Spirits and Cornell’s very own No Comply. More artists remain to be announced.

X Ambassadors are the curators of Cayuga Sound Festival and were formed in Ithaca. They broke onto the scene with their 2013 EP Love Songs Drug Songs and have since found success with a second EP and their debut studio album VHS. Their new album, Joyful, is set to release sometime in 2018.

Young the Giant, whose first three singles “Cough Syrup,” “Apartment” and “My Body” jump started their success back in 2011. Since then, the band has released three albums and is currently working on a fourth.

Last year’s festival provided a friendly environment: local businesses, radio stations and organizations set up tents around Stewart Park providing freebies, refreshments and food to attendees.

Expect 2018’s installment of the festival to be bigger and better.

Viri Garcia is a sophomore in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences. She can be reached at [email protected]