Registered Sex Offender Arrested on Campus

April 9, 2015 11:02 pm0 comments

By PHOEBE KELLER

James Forjone, a registered Level Three sex offender, was found wandering near the Herbert F. Johnson Museum of Art and arrested by police Tuesday.

The Seneca County Sheriff’s Office charged Forjone with three felonies — offering a false instrument for filing, failing to report an address change and failing to report an Internet account, according to a release from the sheriff’s office.

Sheriff’s investigators said Forjorn listed a false moving date when he filled out paperwork announcing that he had moved to Tompkins County, according to the sheriff’s office.

Forjorn also had a Facebook account with a false name that was not reported to police, according to the release.

According to Cornell Police, Forjone was found near the Johnson Museum at around 11 a.m Tuesday, where he was apprehended by Seneca County sheriffs who were assisted by CUPD.

Forjone was convicted of first-degree sexual abuse in 2003 on a victim who was six years old, according to the New York state sex offender registry. He also had a previous conviction of third-degree rape of a victim less than 17 years old, according to The Ithaca Journal.

Forjone is currently detained in the Seneca County Correctional Facility without bail, the sheriff’s office said.  He is due to appear in the Town of Ovid Court Monday.