Take a Number

It that time of the year again. The moment that has anxiously awaited a large segment of the Cornell population,- as students will seek to obtain the ever coveted season hockey pass.

In contrast to last year’s lottery procedure, the Cornell Athletic Ticket Office has opted to reinstitute the traditional ticket line. Cornellians may purchase tickets for men’s ice hockey games beginning this Monday, September 18.

Here’s how you can make your dream of section B seats a reality.

Tickets will officially go on sale at 5:00 p.m. on Monday evening at the Ticket Office located in 103 Field House. The sale is exclusively for Cornell students bearing a valid University ID.

The passes, which will cost $90 will be capped at two per student. Students can begin lining up for tickets this Saturday at 2:00pm when each student in line will be issued a number. This identification will determine purchasing order. The line will form at the back of the Field House facing the Alumni Fields.

According to university officials, ticket lines formed prior to Saturday morning will be dispersed.

Random line checks will be held Saturday until 11:00pm and Sunday from 9:00am-11:00pm. After 11:00pm Sunday, line checks will cease and the waiting line will disperse. Those not present during line checks will have their numbers revoked.

The line will then reconviene at 4:00pm Monday in the Ramin Room.

Students will begin to receive tickets in numerical order with No. 1 being serviced at 5:00pm on Monday.

The ticket office has stated that cash, personal checks, Visa, MasterCard and Discover will be accepted. Payment must be received at moment of purchase.

Archived article by Gary Schueller