Volleyball Travels to Face Orangewomen

This past weekend, the Big Red Spikers did something they have not done for a very long time, they overtook first place in the Ivy League by knocking off Dartmouth. Today they try to do something that they have not done for the past 13 years, defeat the Syracuse Orangewomen.

After a superb weekend, spirit and enthusiasm are high amongst the team members.

Yesterday at practice, the Red worked out the final kinks, practicing its serving aggressiveness and getting mentally prepared for today’s match. For the Red to continue its success it will have to be flawless.

Coach Christie Jackson has compared Syracuse to San Diego State University, who the Red played earlier in the year. The Red played a great match against SDSU but fell as a result of the Aztecs’ depth.

Regardless, there is a feeling of euphoria on the volleyball courts. Riding two great victories over the weekend, one of them a come from behind thriller over Harvard, the Spikers are sure to put out a great effort when they travel to Syracuse tomorrow.

“We are very excited for tomorrow’s game,” freshman sensation Rachel Rice said. “We have been improving a lot over the last few weeks and we are confident in our abilities as a team.”

The match will kick off at 7 p.m.

Archived article by Peter Bernstein