Course Exchange to Be Held Today, Tomorrow

Students who have arrived back early from vacation can get a head start today and tomorrow on adjusting their spring semester class schedule.

Course exchange will allow students to add or drop a course before classes begin Monday.

“We’re just trying to make it convenient,” said College of Arts and Sciences Registrar Sally O’Hanlon.

Students will be able to change multiple courses in one trip to the department.

“Students can always add and drop courses. This makes it a little more convenient for them, and for the departments,” said Randy Stewart, an enrollment director in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences.

However, all signatures required on Add/Drop forms must be obtained before Cornellians head to course exchange.

Spring course exchange for the agriculture and arts colleges, as well as for the ILR School, differs from fall semester course exchange. In the fall, students gather in Barton Hall to change their class schedules prior to the first day of classes. In the spring, these three colleges mimic the other colleges by hosting course exchange in department offices or lecture rooms (to accomodate more students).

The School of Hotel Administration, College of Human Ecology, College of Architecture, Art and Planning and the College of Engineering will also hold course exchange in offices and lecture rooms.

“There’s generally not as much traffic in the spring at course exchange as there is in the fall,” O’Hanlon said. “There is a greater need for a central course exchange in the fall.”

A full list of course exchange times and locations for all seven colleges, as well as freshman writing seminars, is available at .

Next week, students will still be able to add or drop courses in department offices.

The deadline to add courses is Feb. 9, and the final day to a drop course is March 9.

Archived article by Heather Schroeder