M. Hockey Heads to Lynah East

If last week’s 6-3 loss to St. Lawrence left the men’s hockey team with a dizzying headache, then the cure is right around the corner — this weekend in fact.

Who needs a couple of Advils when Cornell can pick up the perfect tonic for its woes tomorrow — a win against archrival Harvard.

But before takes a crack at the Crimson in Cambridge, the Red will first travel visit Brown tonight for the start of a critical weekend for all three teams, in terms of both the ECAC and the Ivy League.

While Cornell and Harvard are battling for first place in the ECAC, the Bears have continually occupied the conference’s basement all season.

For all three this weekend represents an opportunity to not only up their standing in both leagues but also knock down their key opponents a peg or two.

“We’re expecting to get two wins from this weekend because we’re going for first place,” said freshman forward Ryan Vesce.

Currently, the Red stands in the third spot in the ECAC with 16 points, behind both Harvard and St. Lawrence, who both have 17 points.

Though the contest at Harvard is one of the Red’s schedule highlights, the team must first rebound from its drubbing by the Saints and rediscover its rhythm against Brown. But more importantly, Cornell’s toughest task may be preventing their minds from prematurely wandering to the showdown in on the banks of the Charles River.

“They’re a tough team,” Vesce said of the Bears, adding, “We’re not overlooking them.”

“We’re taking one game at a time,” said sophomore forward Sam Paolini. “We all want to play Harvard, but we do want to beat Brown first.”

Cornell’s offensive production throughout the season has come from the underclassmen, and currently the leadings scorers are sophomore Stephen B