Entertainment News

Next Time, Try Federal Express

Whoopi Goldberg’s Oscar was apparently stolen when she mailed it out to be cleaned. The statuette, awarded to Goldberg in 1990 for Best Supporting Actress for her work in Ghost, was later found in a trash bin at the Ontario, California airport. The thief threw it away? What, it’s not like it’s a Blockbuster award or something worthless like that…

The Boy is Hers

R&B singer Brandy recently told MTV Europe that she’s been secretly married to songwriter/producer Robert Smith since last year. Smith’s credits include work for both Michael Jackson and the Spice Girls. If I was married to someone involved with the Spice Girls, I’d probably keep it secret too.

Changing Image

Former 80’s teen pop star Tiffany will be appearing in the April issue of Playboy. The ex-idol, now a 30-year-old mother, states on her website that “Now, as I look to advance my recording career and as I begin to explore opportunities in the acting field, I view my appearance in Playboy as the first step in presenting myself to the world as I am.”

That’s great. I wonder what her son will find more awkward, the fact that his mother appeared naked in Playboy, or the fact that his mother is a former 80’s teen pop star?

Hit Me Baby One More Time

Los Angeles police recently reported that an unidentified man was caught camping out in the garage of Britney Spears’ Hollywood Hills home.

The man had apparently already made himself comfortable when Spears’ private security detail spotted him and called police. A police spokesman stated the man has been caught tresspassing at Spears’ residence at least once before and will be evaluated at a local hospital.

So not only did he have time to set up house in Spears’ garage, but he’s done this before? You’d think with all that money, Spears could afford a better security team. Who the hell is she using, N’Sync?

Winona Scissorhands

Winona Ryder was charged Friday with four felony counts stemming from her alleged shoplifting spree at the Saks Fifth Avenue in Beverly Hills, where she is accused of attempting to steal nearly $4,800 in clothing and accessories and was found carrying painkillers without a prescription.

The actress was arrested on Dec. 12 after clerks allegedly spotted her stuffing merchandise into a bag after ripping off the price tags. Saks security guards claim Ryder was using scissors to remove a sensor tag from a $1,000 Judith Leiber handbag.

E! Online reports that sources close to Ryder claim the actress merely went outside to smoke, causing a misunderstanding, and intended to resume shopping after getting her fix. Either way, the two-time Oscar nominee won’t be up for any awards for common sense.

Ryder was slapped with one count each of grand theft, commercial burglary, vandalism and possession of a controlled substance. The charges carry a maximum sentence of three years, eight months.

The Godfather

James Brown is testifying that he never touched or sexually harassed a former employee currently suing him for wrongful termination. “I didn’t touch nobody, and I would never touch a married woman,” Brown said.

Archived article by Matt Chock