Softball Back Home Today

The softball team will host St. Bonaventure this afternoon after a long series of away games. The Red has been on the road for the past three weeks, including matchups against three opponents in four days this past weekend.

“We’re excited to finally be back in Ithaca. It’s tough being on the bus all the time and we’re all excited to be home and not on the road this week,” said senior captain Annette Shepard.

Cornell will host the Bonnies of the Atlantic 10 conference at 3 p.m. today. Within their conference they are 5-7 and 6-11 overall. St. Bonaventure will look to its senior leaders pitcher Brianne Prince, designated hitter Kristina Huntley, and outfielder Bernice St. Clair to lead the team, as well as its junior catcher Amanda Davey, who started all of their 43 games last season.

Cornell is looking to gain some momentum this afternoon after splitting a pair of games with Yale this past Sunday. Cornell will host Dartmouth and Harvard in two Ivy League contests this Saturday and Sunday. The Red is currently 4-4 in the conference and 19-15 overall.

With spring, or perhaps even summer, in full bloom in Ithaca, the softball team should have a great day for a homecoming.

“We are all looking forward to playing together on our own field,” Shepard said, “and if we’re lucky, we’ll even have nice weather.”

Archived article by Amy Sharenko