Editor's Note

If there was a song for the season, it would have to be the White Stripes’ “Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground.” That’s right kids, fall is upon us. The nights are getting chilly while the days remain sunny. The trees are starting to change, the little birds will soon be headed south, yada, yada, yada. Enjoy it while you can, it’s doesn’t last long. To help you get through those nippy evenings, we’re full of warm and fuzzy content this week.

We’ve got a big green monster on pg. 7 along with some suggested viewing that’s perfect for snuggling up with a loved one. Not in the mood for a monster flick? Check out this week’s “Viewer Discretion Advised” (pg. 5) for some of the best comedy rentals out there.

Still feeling chilly? Well forget about sweaters, pocket warmers, and those silly knit hats. Go for a nice hot Red and White or an Irish Coffee, or any of the recipes found on today’s back page. That is, if you’re 21. If not, go for the hot chocolate, kids.

You may also notice that the back page looks a little different this week. In keeping with our new position at this newspaper (that is, we’re the cover of the Sun each and every Thursday from here on out!), we’ve decided to bring you a “graphically interesting and fun” back page. Sure, we’re no New Yorker — hell, we’re not even an Entertainment Weekly — but we hope you like our new look.

Last but not least, check out this week’s “Tossed Salad” on pg. 6. We’ve been alerted to the terrible threat of the Illuminazi. We implore you to read and fight the power. We expect letters, maybe a lawsuit.

So, enjoy the first signs of changing leaves and autumn air. We’ll see you next week.

Archived article by Ben Kupstas