Viewer Discretion Advised

Mr. Deeds

In Adam Sandler’s latest (and unfortunately most non-hilarious) role as Longfellow Deeds, he surprisingly inherits 40 billion dollars, and then must fight off the baddies looking to tear the fortune away. This rip off of a classic (old) film proves once again that the Hollywood story mill is in need of some creativity. To solve this problem you may want to not see any movies made pre-1990, in which case you’ll be pleasantly surprised all the time.

E.T. : The Extra Terrestrial

See it again for the millionth time, or for the first time as E.T. makes its debut on DVD after a less than blockbuster showing when it was recently re-released in theatres a few months back. Still, the freaky brown guy from outer space with the emphysema voice does bring back some memories.

James Bond 007 Collection (Special Edition)

Included in this 7 disc collection are some of the best Bond films to date, including Goldfinger, Goldeneye, and Dr. No. I can’t wait to get a hold of this one so I don’t have to keep waiting for those TNT Bond Marathons that seem to pop up every so often on some random holiday weekend.

Out October 29

Spider-Man

Tobey Maguire swings into stardom in the much-hyped live action version of the beloved comic book. Get your webs ready to snag the special edition DVD, complete with director’s commentary, outtake reels, the HBO “making of special,” and more to keep you