Squash Teams Host Crimson of Harvard

Before heading into Winter Break, the men’s and women’s squash teams have one last task ahead of them. Tomorrow, the vaunted Harvard Crimson come calling on East Hill for what is always a heated match.

“It’ll definitely be a key match for us,” said coach Scott Stoneburgh. “It should be a great test to see how far our program has come.”

Rookie Impact

Throughout what has already been a successful season for the men, they have been able to rely on strong performances from their star recruiting class, led by Canadian freshman Matt Serediak. Unfortunately for the Red, Serediak will be unavailable for the contest against Harvard.

“We’ll be missing Matt, since he’s away in India participating in the World Junior Squash Championships,” said senior Neal Soo.

Serediak will represent Canada during the competition and could not be reached for comment.

Women’s Squad

The women plan to come out focused and determined in the face of the Crimson attack.

“We feel that we’re constantly improving and can hit with anybody,” said senior captain Rachel Perschetz. “We just have to keep swinging. It’s going to be a fun match.”

The women will square off at noon, with the men following at 2 p.m. The Red will next see action when it barnstorms through Canada from the Jan. 9-12 and then meets Yale, Williams, and Brown on Jan. 18 & 19.

Archived article by Per Ostman