The Top 25 Senior Athletes

They began their careers four years ago as unassuming freshmen. Dozens of games, matches, races and chukkers later they have given us some of the most memorable moments at Cornell. Whether they won championships or tried their hardest to do so, they’ve represented this University over the plane of Division I athletics. The Sun proudly presents the top 25 athletes of the Class of 2003 …

Nate Archer, Football

The Red’s co-captain this year was one of the few true fullbacks in the Ivy League and was rewarded with first-team All-Ivy status. It was the first time in three years that a Cornellian was so honored. Archer rushed for 243 yards for third on the team and had nine catches for 93 yards. He was first among all Ivy fullbacks in rushing yards. He also led the team in scoring and touchdowns with 42 points on seven TDs. But what really sets Archer apart is his ability as a blocker. The senior was an integral part of practically every offensive play. Archer has played in every game over the past three years

Sarah Averson, Women’s Lacrosse

This senior not only sits atop the women’s lax alphabetical roster, she is also leading the team in points this season. But neither one is a surprise from the 2002 and preseason second-team All-American. She was already among the program’s elite players with her 116 points through her junior year. This year she has added 49 points thus far in the season putting her fourth on the career points scored list (165), sixth on the assists list (37) and third on the career goals scored list (129). She was the second-highest scorer on last year’s team which reached the national semifinals.

Stephen B